Sunday, June 17, 2007

Art and Los Angeles

Recently, an article was written in the New York Times about the art scene in Los Angeles. Most would associate the city with "Hollywood," but that appears to be changing. Art is beginning to take a important position in the psyche and persona of this city. And like the city, the art scene is as diverse and eclectic. Just as it is hard to define what is Los Angeles, because it is more than just Hollywood, it is hard to point to any one dominating style or movement.

My first year in Los Angeles, I frequented the art museums of Los Angeles, and now in my second year I'm beginning to become familiar with the galleries. In no way will I be so presumptious as to try and define what is L.A. art, but I do hope to begin a healthy critique of the exhibits and shows presented at both the museums and galleries in this city. I hope this blog is a source for those both educated and novices to art to read one person's opinion as well as a source of information of the happenings in Los Angeles's art world.

No comments: