Sunday, November 18, 2007

It came to me in a dream.

Yesterday, as I was mulling around the house, I was taking stock of the refuse from the house I live in. This place has had a rotating base of residents, and at times things get left behind. The best place to discover such trash-soon-to-be-turned-to-treasure is within and behind the abandoned shed in the backyard. I had seen this old sink back there before, but never considered it as a possibility as a work of art. So, in my mulling, I pulled it out and cleaned it off with the hose in the backyard. I hadn't actually determined exactly how I was going to incorporate this abandoned sink, but I thought it was too good to pass up. For awhile I just sat, and sat, and sat processing the form, function, and all things related to this sink. I came up with nothing. I moved on with the rest of my day and then, last night, it came to me. As I laid in my bed slowly moving to a sweetful slumber, my subject, which I had been debating over in my mind for some time, came to me: the Vet. For those of you that don't know what the Vet is, it is where I live. With so much garbage left lying around, why not use this found salvage, compose it into something dynamic and use it to portray the essence of this shelter. It's hard to explain this house and it's personality, but I think I may just be able to do that in this process.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I WANT TO SEEEEEE